about the society
The Pender Harbour and District Wildlife Society was founded in 1979 with the goal of promoting wildlife stewardship in Pender Harbour and surrounding areas. The society initiates and encourages ideas and projects that benefit and protect the local fauna and flora. The Society also strives to bring together residents of the area who value wildlife and who like to enhance its well-being. The membership is composed of nearly 60 people from retirees to children, local residents, guests and seasonal vacationers. Members interests in wildlife are wide ranging from back yard naturalists to experienced experts. Members love of nature stems from many activities including photography, sailing, fishing, gardening, bird watching, hiking, biking, and many are skilled artists, writers, biologists, teachers, and conservationists.
Aims and objectives of the Society are:
- To promote the value and benefits of wildlife conservation.
- To create awareness and respect of the intrinsic value of our wildlife, parks and outdoor recreational resources.
- To promote the establishment of parks for public education, recreation and observation of wildlife.
- To promote the conservation of salmon, trout and wildlife in Pender Harbour.
- To protect essential watersheds and the ecology of river and stream estuaries from mining, logging and farming operations.
- To support initiatives for clean land, air and water.
- To cooperate with other conservation organizations with similar aims and objects.
Meet the Directors:
Carole Logtenberg President
Tom Barker Treasurer
Solveigh Harrison Secretary
Dree Broderick Guest Speaker Coordinator
Dale Jackson Director
Anne Clemence Director
Julie Southerst Director
The PH&DWS is a proud members of the following organizations:
- BC Nature
- Sunshine Coast Conservation Association
- West Coast Environmental Law
- Canadian Parks and Wilderness Society
- BC Environmental Network
Become a member
- Family $25/year
- Single $20/year
- Youth $10/year
If you are interested in joining our Society please contact us. Donations are also welcomed.
Pender Harbour & District Wildlife Society
PO Box 220
Madeira Park, BC